You might wanna ask how the heck did we get this much keys in CSR Racing 2. It’s actually pretty simple. By playing, and most importantly, key management. No, we didn’t hack the game. Yes we do 2 sets of live races per day on a regular basis and ALL cups + daily races. Also special events like Made in America just now. No we didn’t purchase for individual keys except for the 35 Gold Keys + 1100 Bronze Keys offers for like 4 bucks a LONG time ago. ou can find a general guide to CSR Racing 2 with more tunning and other tips in this post or our ultimate guide for 2018 here.
We will not judge how you racers spend your keys, but we will tell you how to stock up keys and to use them at the right time
in order to avoid your wife filing a divorce on you cause your IAP exceeds your house mortgage.
CSR Racing 2 – Key Management Guide
Firstly, let us tell you the traits of each type of key:
- Bronze Keys – expendable, getting 5000+ a season is possible if you play diligent enough.
- Silver Keys – somewhat expendable, you can get around 600 per season, which is enough for 12 silver pulls. It’s recommended to not use any outside prestige events.
- Gold Keys – extremely rare and hard to get, you can only get like 10 per month if you’re an average joe in an average milestone crew. Don’t spend it EVER outside of events.
Next, let us tell you the traits of each crate:
- Bronze Crates (100 normally or 350/400/500/700 Bronze Keys per pull, depending on the event) – ALWAYS A GAMBLE. Even the “loyalty” rewards can give you duplicate Stage 6s or any other crap you don’t need and probably never will.
- Silver Crates (50 Silver Keys per pull, or 75 for manufacturer-specific crates) – NOT A GAMBLE if and only if you can save for 15 pulls DURING PRESTIGE EVENTS, for the loyalty. Lower than that and it’s a gamble, do at your own risk. Manufacturer-specific crates are not worth it and should be avoided like plague.
- Gold Crates (10 Gold Keys per pull) – NOT A GAMBLE if and only if you can save for 10 pulls DURING GOLD CUP EVENTS or something similar. Lower than that and it’s a terrible gamble where you have a hell lot to lose but an extreeemely small chance of getting something not half-bad. Again, don’t EVER open gold crates outside events to test your luck or some other bullshit. You have Silver Crates for that and even then we still wouldn’t recommend it. Your luck is crap, just like mine and other bobs. If you get a Craptor or C63 out of gold crates testing your luck, you kinda, uh, deserved it..
Now for the BIG thing: Key Management! When should I use my keys then? Allright, here’s when and why:
- Bronze Keys – use it only when “gunning down” for a certain event. For example, we want to win the Cuda Torc Evo Cup, we personally spent 14700 Bronze Keys for 21 pulls and got parts and fusions we need to win that 10 Gold Keys at the end and other rewards, we probably will skip the next Gold or Evo Cup to allow my Bronze Keys stock to recuperate again. So did you get the point of “gunning down” certain events? Also, we won’t recommend you blasting off all your Bronze Keys reserve if you have less than, like, 30k Bronze Keys. Cause you’ll probably end up using all that and STILL can’t finish the event. Which sucks.
- Silver Keys – simpler than Bronze Keys actually, just use it during prestige pulls. It’s the only time where pulling Silver Crates is justifiable IF you have more than 750 at hand. Maybe also for testing your luck every now and then.. Wait.. No, nevermind.. Also if you win the prestige car before 15 pulls, STOP PULLING! and save your keys for the next prestige car.
- Gold Keys – NEVER EVER FOREVER USE IT OUTSIDE EVENTS! Also during events, save for 10 pulls, which means 100 keys. You can do this by resisting the temptation to pull the crates, and “gunning down” a car. For example, you want a LaFerrari or a Regera like we do, save 100 Gold Keys and don’t use them until the event (hopefully) shows up. If you win the car before 10 pulls, save your keys and don’t use it to aim for loyalty. It’s a terrible waste of Gold Keys. Then, after blowing that magnificent load, save for 10 pulls again. Just. Don’t. Use. It. Outside. Events. Please, the only thing you’ll be pulling is your hair. And a Civic. Or other T2-T3 bullshit.
As redditor u/JLOBRO said, the game plays EXACTLY the same whether you spend 1000$ or nothing at all, you can buy keys to make your drag life a bit easier
but you’ll still be beaten by those sly HS Customs Camaros (actually we’d recommend getting that 35 Gold Keys deal because that’s the ONLY amazing deal you’ll ever get).
That’s it, folks. Thanks for reading this extremely long, hard, and full of jazz guide! Hopefully you’ll get all them car of your dreams! till next time..
No such thing, read the entire article please, because we see a lot of beginners and even seasoned racers in CSR Racing 2 making the same mistake over and over again pulling keys at the wrong place, wrong time..
You can easily get all the 750 keys each season. Manage your time and do 3 sets of live races every day. Start the first set immediately when you wake up – you need to have good bot hunting cars for that – and do every daily battle you can. Doing 3 sets of live a day – instead of 2 – gives you 140 extra silver keys a season, and in 2 weeks, you will definitely gather 10 more in daily battles.
Also, once you pull the prestige car, and the car is not worth building to the max, stop pulling. For example, we have a BMW next season – you can buy and strip 235s and M4s, so getting multiple PCs is worthless.
Keep in mind, you have until the end of the season to finish the PC. That gives you multiple free parts crates. Also, the day after the cup hits, you can get the stage 6 part from the crew cup. The mistake people make is rushing to finish the PC in CSR Racing 2.
Thanks to user ‘Brizcanon‘ for help creating this guide.
More tips and tricks for CSR Racing 2
Do you have more Tips and Tricks for CSR Racing 2? Then please get in touch in the comments. We will then steadily expand this article, to offer a comprehensive guide to the game.