Today we present to you 10 facts for Summoners War that you might not know especially as a new or mid game player. All info here will be coming from our experience in Summoners War. If you know more good facts that should be added to the list as the best ones, please feel free to leave a comment below.
You should also take a look at our review for Summoners War and check out our previous guides for Summoners War in our Guide-Section.
We also have a list of the best monsters in Summoners War you should also not miss.
10 facts for Summoners War that you might not know
ACC% does NOT affect activation rate of skills; if a skill says “50% chance to reduce defence for 2 turns”, it’s 50% period. THEN an accuracy-resistance check will apply. Read more about that here
The glancing debuff is a 50% chance to glance and deal 30% less damage (so elemental glance is better than a glancing debuff glance)
Stun, Sleep and Freeze all prevent skills from getting 1 turn cooldown. Silence does not, provoke does not
Powering-up runes is guaranteed from 1 to 3. To go from +0 to +15 a 5* it’s generally 1M mana and a 6* it’s about 1.5 to 2M mana.
Secret dungeons do not give you account EXP. You might want to spend energy there if you are about to level up and have a lot of energy. Arena wings and scenarios give the most EXP for account levels
- They are randomly chosen, whether by devilmon or same monster
- Skilling up damage and heals is multiplicative Ex: 400% multiplier, a 10% increase means 400%(1+10%) = 440%
- Skilling up effect rate is additive Ex: 35% chance to stun, a 15% increase means 35%+15% = 50% chance to stun
All units have a chance (50%?) to glance against weak elements to deal less damage (~45-50% according to wiki) and not activate ability effects (some exceptions like Bella’s Seize and passives like Hwa’s). They also have -15% chance to crit on top of that
All units get a bonus 15% crit chance against elements they are strong against and a chance (15%?) of crushing hits (30% more damage – that’s the base damage, no Crit. Generally Crit > Crushing in all cases, except perhaps Camilla)
You can earn crystals by installing Com2Us games (go into Events => Earn game cash). Just install, login with your Hive ID, then uninstall. Or get hooked to another game who knows
10. QOL items
- You can change animation speed to 3X, that’s the default play speed
- You can remove boss animation and have a dungeon run ending buzz by tapping your portrait on the main island screen
- You can select boss prioritization on the corner left (Crytals or boss)
- You can tap a monster during auto (Eg: Zaiross in DB10) to focus it
- Crit animations are unavoidable. However, if you do an AoE attack like Amp Magic, select an element you’re weak against to reduce the chance of the crit animation
- In-game temporary buffs and debuffs affect total values (Ie. Attack buff will add 50% total attack)
- Leader skills will “turn orange” when they are active and remain grey otherwise
- Lightning on power up appears to be random but usually it’s when you would have already MAX level the monster anyways
- Leader skill bonus, runes and glory/GW towers give bonuses based on the unit’s base stat
- Summons are intended to be random. There are time gate theories and popular beliefs that you can read up on.
- Elemental scrolls and Summon Stones appear to have fewer lightnings than Mystic scrolls
- Your shop quality increases with your account level.
- Slot 1 is flat Atk and cannot roll Def
- Slot 3 is flat Def and cannot roll Atk
- Slot 5 is flat HP
- Slots 2, 4 and 6 can all roll HP%, Atk% and Def%. You want those and not flat stats
- Slot 2 can roll SPD, Slot 4 can roll CritRate and CritDamage and Slot 6 can roll Accuracy and Resistance, as a unique ‘perk’
- Runes drop from scenarios following the scenario level number (Stage 1 = Slot 1, etc.) And the boss level is random. You can get up to Green runes on stages and Blue runes on the boss level. Purple and up come from Cairos and your credit card
- Runes can come with a prefix (substat on top) that does not upgrade. So the most efficient rune is a 6* legendary with a prefix and maximum rolls in all substats.
- White runes come with no substat, green with 1, blue with 2, purple with 3 and orange with 4. When you upgrade a rune to 3/6/9/12 the color changes to the next one and you gain a new substat if the color has changed
Do you have more facts for Summoners War? Please let us know in the comments and we will expand this article.